On November 14th at home, the Pioneers beat the Islanders, 68-51.
An interesting fact coming into the game: A year ago, Denver beat Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 65-58.
Denver beat Texas A&M-Corpus Christi while maintaining a strong showing in three pointers and assists.
Denver got the edge with 33 points from three-point range, compared to nine from Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. Assists were a factor for Denver, with 17 compared to eight for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
Chris Udofia led all scoring for the Pioneers with 17 points on 71% shooting in 29 minutes. Royce O`Neale helped the cause with five big assists.
This is a good early win for Denver, who has a chance for a decent season. The Pioneers now sit at 1-1.
Their next game is against California at home on November 16th.
- The top two rebounders (Royce O`Neale and Chris Udofia) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:18 left to go.
- Denver started 1-1 during the 2009, 2007, 2004, 2001, 2000, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The top two scorers (Chris Udofia and Brett Olson) accounted for 41.1% of the points.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes:
- Hameed Ali set a career high with 15 points, 6 field goals made, and 4 steals.
- The top two scorers (Hameed Ali and William Nelson) accounted for 52.9% of the points.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Chris Udofia
, Royce O`Neale